• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life insurance

My wife has told me to get life insurance. She wants a policy that pays out a great deal in the (unlikely) event of my death. I have to pay for the policy, so where can I get a fair deal with good cover?

TIA

Its been nice knowing you.
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    My wife has told me to get life insurance. She wants a policy that pays out a great deal in the (unlikely) event of my death. I have to pay for the policy, so where can I get a fair deal with good cover?

TIA
    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
      Its been nice knowing you.
      Indeed! Watch out for an unusually high number of hot curries and other spicy dishes served by Mrs. DP. Masks the taste of weedkiller very well.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
        Indeed! Watch out for an unusually high number of hot curries and other spicy dishes served by Mrs. DP. Masks the taste of weedkiller very well.
        Are you calling DP a weed?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Oh and in answer to the question I pay about 15 quid pm for insurance to pay off the mortgage in the event of my sudden demise. price is v different for a continuous policy though.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            TIA
            I used confused.com and found a good deal...
            Do what thou wilt

Comment

I can't get it at the moment
              Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Think about term insurance. No investment component, and fixed payments for the term. I got myself covered for £500,000 for ten years at about £25 a month. Obviously, if I want to take out another ten years, it'll cost more cos I'll be ten years closer to death.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Try here http://www.cavendishonline.co.uk/
                  select the fee option and it cuts out the commission for the brokers... 20 year term for 200K for a 35 yr old male is about 13quid/month.

Comment

I currently have a policy in place and are re-newing it as a result of moving home. There are two types that i know of....a decreasing cover (which decreases over the term) and a level cover. I have had a quote for each type of cover on our new mortgage (at 170k) over 25 years for both me and mrs (both of us 26) for decreasing cover it will cost us £42 with AXA and for a level cover £65 fixed for 25 years with Legal and General.

If you can afford it go for the level cover as it doesn't matter what is left on your mortgage it still pays out the full amount you will pocket the rest.

Another idea to think about would be two seperate level policy's for you and partner. For me it would cost £71 but if either of us dies or had critical illness the other policy would still be in place to cover the other person as well.

I had all my quotes from barclays financial planner as well as the financial advisor who set up my mortgage and Barclays got me the better deal.

That is the limit to my financial knowledge so am going to shut up now
                    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Working...
                    X