• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obesity 'not individuals' fault'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obesity 'not individuals' fault'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7047244.stm

"Individuals can no longer be held responsible for obesity so government must act to stop Britain "sleepwalking" into a crisis, a report has concluded."

OK, who's strapping down these lardy feckers and forcing burgers and chocolate down them then?
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Public Health Minister Dawn Primarolo said the government would be holding further consultations to decide how to proceed.

Whatever they decide it's gonna cost you!

Comment

Here comes the Fat Tax ! I wonder how they'll do it... hmmm I think a monthly weigh-in along with analysis of the taxpayer's poo poo. Brown should be good for that job.

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
        Here comes the Fat Tax ! I wonder how they'll do it... hmmm I think a monthly weigh-in along with analysis of the taxpayer's poo poo. Brown should be good for that job.
        Sounds like they'll have to appoint "Dr" Gillian Mckeith as the Sh1te Czar

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          You jest - but it'll come to that... guaranteed. Then not exercising tax. Then "bad" food tax. Then ...

Comment

This will all come about through deemed fatness.

Inspectors will examine your clubcard statements and based on the number of pepperamis and ready meals you've purchased they will decided whether you're actually a chunker in disguise.

If you're going to eat like a fatty you should be taxed as one. It's only fair.

Comment

Why do they always get it so wrong?!!! You'd think the law of averages would let these "experts" accidentally stumble upon the truth once in a while wouldn't you?!

I'm massively overweight. Why? Partly because I'm lazy. But mostly because I eat loads! I'm greedy. I cant say no to food - I love it the same way other people love drink, or sports, or hobbies. Its my most treasured pleasure - stuffing my face with as much lard as possible.
              And anyone who says "it's a common misconception that fat people eat a lot - actually they are just as healthy as you. It is a disease/disorder/genetic trait/etc" is talkin a load of b*llocks.

Its NOT my employers fault.
              Its NOT because my mam didn't breast feed me ffs
              Its NOT because my city isn't hilly enough

What a bunch of overpaid retards.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

SallyAnne's a great big fatty.

Comment

What a load of bollocks. Another nail in the coffin of reason, responsibility and common sense.
                  The good (or bad) news is that in 20 years I will be the only slim, non-smoker, moderate drinker left and will therefore be a celebrity.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                    SallyAnne's a great big fatty.
                    About time SA updated her profile pic. Maybe use the same pic but stretch it horizontally a bit?

Comment

Working...
                    X