• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7048465.stm

UK jobless rate in further fall

Unemployment claims have fallen for 12 months
    The number of unemployed people in the UK fell in the three months to August, according to official figures.

The Office for National Statistics said unemployment dropped by 5,000 in the quarter to August to 1.65 million, continuing the downward trend.

Based on a comparable ILO measure, unemployment fell by 5,000 during the same three-month period.

Meanwhile, average earnings rose by 3.7% during the quarter, beating expectations of a 3.6% rise.

The rise was mainly spurred by increases in private sector services wages, that included bonuses in the financial sector.

Pay rising, no one is unemployed, inflation below government limits, can it get any better than this?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Pay rising, no one is unemployed, inflation below government limits, can it get any better than this?
    If somebody could see their way to engineering a house price crash, that would make it perfect.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
    X