• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Speak Bullsh!t Bingo begins...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business Speak Bullsh!t Bingo begins...

ok, roll up roll up..

fed up of hearing about "Blue Sky Thinking" or "Thought Grenade" buzzwords, now you can play ...Business Speak Bullsh!t Bingo

rules:
    -only those comments you've heard in your office/workplace (none of this my mate in the pub once heard..)
    -bingo is played for 1 week, so midday Weds 24th we will decide the winner
    -the winner is the buzzword that is heard most often (i.e the most popular piece of buzzword/bullsh!t speak wins)
    -in the event of a tie or none repetition of business speak then the winner will be decided by a vote

for the first entry i've just heard:

"can we have a Timebox window for these questions"
    translation: an allocated amount of time for quickfire questions, at the end of the time period you finish and if required re-organise a 2nd Timebox window ensuring no one person is held up or delayed by the meeting.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Current client is blissfully free of this sort of sh1te and is quite 'old-school' in many respects. Even heard someone the other day refer to "those useless w@nkers in Personnel" which was refreshing.

Last place had a lot of people running around 'expediting' and 'reverting'.
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      ok, roll up roll up..

fed up of hearing about "Blue Sky Thinking" or "Thought Grenade" buzzwords, now you can play ...Business Speak Bullsh!t Bingo

rules:
      -only those comments you've heard in your office/workplace (none of this my mate in the pub once heard..)
      -bingo is played for 1 week, so midday Weds 24th we will decide the winner
      -the winner is the buzzword that is heard most often (i.e the most popular piece of buzzword/bullsh!t speak wins)
      -in the event of a tie or none repetition of business speak then the winner will be decided by a vote

for the first entry i've just heard:

"can we have a Timebox window for these questions"
      translation: an allocated amount of time for quickfire questions, at the end of the time period you finish and if required re-organise a 2nd Timebox window ensuring no one person is held up or delayed by the meeting.

Em chef, can we take this "offline" please?
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Damn, should have had this a couple of weeks ago when I was still at my last client ( major international telco doing lots of NHS related work ). They were knee deep in the stuff.

The kind of people who use words like "leverage" and "synergy" in the same sentance, and mean it.
        Last edited by DaveB; 17 October 2007, 10:16.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

The worst one has to be "lets touch base"
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
            The worst one has to be "lets touch base"
            Can you do that with a hangover?
            "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Maybe we could brown bag this meeting for tomorrow lunchtime.

Deciphered: Today's meeting is overrunning. It's too much like hard work for me to oraganize a meeting room, now. So, instead, I want us all to meet in the canteen tomorrow at lunchtime, where we'll have our lunch and continue the meeting. 5 points to any CUK member who realized immediately that this was an American talking.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
                Can you do that with a hangover?
                Smarty!! I can barely function, today let alone touch any kind of base!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

"I need someone to step up to the plate"

Translation - can someone do this challenging task for me, please. It is NOT an invitation to start eating all the food in sight, SA!
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Em chef, can we take this "offline" please?
                    My project manager often says in her team progress meetings "let's take this offline and we can discuss out of the meeting"
                    Last edited by KathyWoolfe; 17 October 2007, 10:36.
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Working...
                    X