• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fury at DNA pioneer's theory: Africans are less intelligent than Westerners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fury at DNA pioneer's theory: Africans are less intelligent than Westerners

are we allowed to discuss this?

http://news.independent.co.uk/sci_te...cle3067222.ece

"In 1997, he told a British newspaper that a woman should have the right to abort her unborn child if tests could determine it would be homosexual. "

oh my my my.. this is certainly a 'character'.. although he is an outstanding genetic professional I personally feel that his "views" are pretty out there..

isn't this the same as myself (surely being termed an "expert" in computers by the press if ever I made an outlandish comment) saying that in my opinion Windows Vista is a pile of sh!te?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Course we are. The problem with saying that a certain group of people are more intelligent than another is that we have to firstly, define intelligence (which no one has done satisfactorily - the IQ test is a little to uni-dimensional) and secondly, hold all other variables constant for the two groups while this "intelligence" variable was tested - which again would be a difficult task.
      Last edited by sasguru; 17 October 2007, 12:42.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Course we are. The problem with saying that a certain group of people are more intelligent than another is that we have to firstly, define intelligence (which no one has done satisfactorily - the IQ test is a little to uni-dimensional) and secondly, hold all other variables constant for the two groups while this "intelligence" variable was tested - which again would be a difficult task.
        You should be in Analytics

Comment

Just another part-genius, part-braindead ******. Most super-clever folk seem to be a bit like that.

Comment

do you think there is anecdotal evidence to support this theory?

Comment

" he said Western policies towards African countries were wrongly based on an assumption that black people were as clever as their white counterparts when "testing" suggested the contrary."

"He said there was a natural desire that all human beings should be equal but "people who have to deal with black employees find this not true". "

I can understand the scientific thoery that people in different geographical areas develop differently - that makes sense. But this guy just seems to be talkin about black people in general, which is utterly disgusting, and more to the wrong, wholely untrue!

What a c*ck. Burn him.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                Yes, what is the problem exactly?
                "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  You should be in Analytics

Don't even get me started on the problems of obtaining representative samples, holding the tests (whatever these are) in equivalent conditions, confounding variables (whice are probably impossible to disentangle in a cultural context) etc. etc.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                    do you think there is anecdotal evidence to support this theory?
                    It wasn't anecdotal. The tests (I think IQ) were done in the states and the results used to generate a bell curve which showed mean IQs were less in the black population.
                    A SAS said above, there is no mechanism to show they were testing like for like. Socio-economic problems or exposure to similar tests would skew the results.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X