• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When did....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When did....

when did doing good become bad and "dogooders" become an insulting term?
    Coffee's for closers

Seems to be a term that selfish right-wingers apply to those with a social conscience.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Lentil munching cardigan wearging Guardian reading leftie tree hugging types you mean?
      First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Lentil munching cardigan wearging Guardian reading leftie tree hugging types you mean?
        wearing

However, as a Guardian reader, I wouldn't want you to feel unduly constrained by societal norms that may be at variance with your cultural heritage, personal sexual preferences, or innate intellectual incapacity.

So do feel free to spell like an illiterate peasant if it makes you feel better about yourself.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          wearing

However, as a Guardian reader, I wouldn't want you to feel unduly constrained by societal norms that may be at variance with your cultural heritage, personal sexual preferences, or innate intellectual incapacity.

So do feel free to spell like an illiterate peasant if it makes you feel better about yourself.

HTH
          Guardian reader? Ah! An ex-teacher who ended up on the booze; progressed to antidepressants; went off "on the sick" for a year; went back to teach for a week; went off "on the sick" again; did a techie course; finally tip-toed quietly into IT.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
            Guardian reader? Ah! An ex-teacher who ended up on the booze; progressed to antidepressants; went off "on the sick" for a year; went back to teach for a week; went off "on the sick" again; did a techie course; finally tip-toed quietly into IT.
            More like a real-time systems software engineer who then became a games programmer before getting into that whole new-fangled Intertube distributed applications thang; but I suppose you got close enough considering you're a semi-literate baboon

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              A Games programmer at one company I worked for drank himself to death...
              There are worse ways to go

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                More like a real-time systems software engineer who then became a games programmer before getting into that whole new-fangled Intertube distributed applications thang; but I suppose you got close enough considering you're a semi-literate baboon
                Nice try. The leather patches on the elbows of your brown, corduroy jacket tell the real story.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  That is the way they spell "wearing" in the Grauniad...

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
                    Nice try. The leather patches on the elbows of your brown, corduroy jacket tell the real story.
                    You're just cross because I stole your jacket

Comment

Working...
                    X