• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place to live 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to live 2007

http://www.channel4.com/4homes/ontv/...Edinburgh.html

I knew way before they did in fact I know before.... me me me e

Funny thing I was living in Winchester last year before moving back to Edinburgh this year...

My latest tip for next year.. Bergen!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

According to the Beeb it's Wokingham - Linky.

Let me think about this for a second. Wokingham or Edinburgh. Where would I rather live? Difficult one that.

Comment

Embra? Sod that (and I speak as a Scot).

Live somewhere like Glasgow - much better!
      Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

The main failing of the show was that it didn't fully take into account the inhabitants' POVs. OK, there was a bit of Vox Pops, but not enough. Basing it all on stats. and, in particular, the "green" factor was a bit daft - some places are, stats-wise, losers, but the inhabitants love being there.

e.g. Edinburgh: Lovely place, and I can see the appeal, but it's feckin' light years away from the ususl places of interest in Europe, so flying is the only real option to get to, say, France - no green badge of honour there.

Overall, felt it was less meaningful than the last show.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Do the people come with subtitles?

Like they do on "Taggart"?

Gaun yersel'

No tulip - do you really have subtitles on Taggart in Albions Perfidious Plain?
          Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
            Gaun yersel'

No tulip - do you really have subtitles on Taggart in Albions Perfidious Plain?
            In America, they subtitle Eastenders
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              In Wales, you have the option to have them Yng Nghymraeg* on 889...

*In Welsh
              And in Patagonia I hear.

Comment

One of their main criteria seemed to be how many people smoked, which must mean France is a very bad place to live.

and The more old people lived in a place the better it was.

For Utopia...Move to a retirement home.

Some places that were in the bad places to live are atually quite good, Nottingham for example. Mind you West Bridgeford was in the best places, and that is in Nottingham!

Most of North and east London was also roundly sh1tified.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  One of their main criteria seemed to be how many people smoked, which must mean France is a very bad place to live.

and The more old people lived in a place the better it was.

For Utopia...Move to a retirement home.

Some places that were in the bad places to live are atually quite good, Nottingham for example. Mind you West Bridgeford was in the best places, and that is in Nottingham!

Most of North and east London was also roundly sh1tified.
                  Anyone else delighted by Islington being deemed a feckin' tuliphole (which it is, save for a street, or two)? It warmed the cockles of my heart!

Comment

I was very disappointed that Slough was not even mentioned in any cateegory.*

*"Talk bad or good about me but pls talk about me" (or something similar) - Oscar Wilde
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X