• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McClaren for the Chop

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McClaren for the Chop

After last night should he get the chop ??

If i was being paid so much and didn't deliver i know i would get the chop
    Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Yes, if they can afford to.

But since he's got another 2.5 years to run on his contract, and the FA will lose lots of revenue by failing to qualify, they may be in the same position as they were with Sven.

Maybe this time they will learn not to give long contracts to managers who simply aren't that good.

Second-choice Steve is a good coach, but a pretty cr@p manager.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I doubt that Mclaren is on as much as Sven was, but the FA needs to make a decision. Do they stick with someone who will be static and a very, very limited manager or do they break the bank and go all out for a proven top quality manager like Jose/Wenger etc..

Part of the problem is people expect to be in finals, and rightly so. However would people be prepared and except 1-0 wins all the way to the final or would you like free flowing football with the odd loss in ?

Wenger would give us the free flowing, Jose the 1-0's or Sven would get us to the finals and miss out on pens

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        I doubt that Mclaren is on as much as Sven was, but the FA needs to make a decision. Do they stick with someone who will be static and a very, very limited manager or do they break the bank and go all out for a proven top quality manager like Jose/Wenger etc..
        But, as was proved with Sven, being a good club manager does not a good international manager make.

Being a good club manager is all about buying and selling the right players. An international manager does not have that option.

If we are going to dump McC then we need a proven international manager (like Hiddink)

tim

Comment

I used to slate Sven, and ultimately he may have been a bit limited, but his record was one of the best of all England managers. Qualification for all tournaments and usually a quarter final berth. And perhaps that is all this overhyped team were capable of anyway.
          As the rugby team have shown, in the end it's the players on the pitch that make the difference and this feckless lot can't hack it.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

As I've said elsewhere, finding yet another new manager isn't the answer.

We've been fecking up for 40 years. Even if you stuck a love-child of Mourinho and Wenger in charge, he still wouldn't win anything.

The English game needs a root and branch overhaul, but the FA are too incompetent and the clubs won't have it anyway.

All we can do is hope we strike very lucky some time.

Comment

i'll trade euro qualification for a back to back rugby world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                i'll trade euro qualification for a back to back rugby world cup.
                Given that I couldn't stand to see the saffers winning it, so would I.

Comment

Ged Houllier - proven internationally.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Ged Houllier - proven internationally.
                    Hardly... he failed to qualify for the 1994 world cup and he had cantona, ginola etc.. blamed it all on ginola not passing to to cantona.

Helped with the youth setup, but not an international manager if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                    X