• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedgehog rescue...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hedgehog rescue...

Was up at 12:30a.m. rescuing a hedgehog that had got stuck in some plastic netting behind a thorny bush thing in my garden... must have been a sight to see, me in pyjamas (later in overalls & wooly hat coz it was cold), screaming hedgehog, cat, pair of scissors, garden shears, etc.

Finally freed the frigging thing at 1a.m. Deep joy.

Couldnt get the last bit of netting off its leg though coz it wouldn't cooperate...

Ho hum.

And you should see the scratches coz the frigging bush thing has 3 inch thorns...

I shall probably die of leprosy or something shortly.

Zeity, you big softie (unless you were trying to free it to eat in an alien-lizadr stylee)!
    Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Did it taste nice?

Comment

Do hedgehogs scream?

always thought they were silent critters
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Dunno.

The fleas & lice put me off...

Was making a truly stunning amount of noise though... considering you rarely see one...

Comment

[QUOTE=zeitghost;320479]Was up at 12:30a.m. rescuing a hedgehog that had got stuck in some plastic netting behind a thorny bush thing in my garden... must have been a sight to see, me in pyjamas (later in overalls & wooly hat coz it was cold), screaming hedgehog, cat, pair of scissors, garden shears, etc.

QUOTE]

A cunning plan methinks!

(WTF donno why it didn't quote !)
            "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

[QUOTE=Swiss Tony;320524]
              Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Was up at 12:30a.m. rescuing a hedgehog that had got stuck in some plastic netting behind a thorny bush thing in my garden... must have been a sight to see, me in pyjamas (later in overalls & wooly hat coz it was cold), screaming hedgehog, cat, pair of scissors, garden shears, etc.

QUOTE]

A cunning plan methinks!

(WTF donno why it didn't quote !)
              Because you've deleted the [ in front of the /QUOTE...

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Do hedgehogs scream?

This one was making an astounding amount of noise.

I could hear it through the double glazing... and it was about 30 feet away.

Comment

Because it was behind the frigging thorny bush, it was a decidedly unpleasant operation.

1a.m. on a frosty night didn't help a lot either...

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Do hedgehogs scream?

In space, no-one can hear a hedgehog scream.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X