• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jack Straw: EDS are "snake-oil salesmen"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Straw: EDS are "snake-oil salesmen"

Straw attacks IT industry
    Jack Straw believes the public sector fell victim to the IT industry’s “snake oil salesmen” when it agreed a technology project to manage offenders.
    No sh1t Sherlock!

Something that always puzzles me is why these, in essence, bloomin' simple applications take ages to implement and cost so much. Really, why? No R&D, just bog standard RDBMS & code.

Comment

Yep. I have worked for and with EDS and would not again....
      "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
        Something that always puzzles me is why these, in essence, bloomin' simple applications take ages to implement and cost so much. Really, why? No R&D, just bog standard RDBMS & code.
        Yeah, even you could write the application.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Yeah, even you could write the application.
          You are correct, for once, dog egg. I have good programming & DBA skills; you are simply a benefit fraudster, living in a trashy third storey flat, rolling your own ciggies using horse dung and bus tickets, watching darts, and having a play on CUK when the ASDA cider wears off.

Comment

are you sure he waits for it to wear off?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
              Straw attacks IT industryNo sh1t Sherlock!
              Next week - Jack Straw reveals that the Pope IS Catholic, and that bears do sh1t in the woods.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Incredible insight. How many failures at what cost have the usual suspects managed befure this astute observation.

I think you will find our members have been pointing this out for years. YEARS. Foookin YEARS.
                I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                  Incredible insight. How many failures at what cost have the usual suspects managed befure this astute observation.

I think you will find our members have been pointing this out for years. YEARS. Foookin YEARS.
                  Generally with an air of glee - "this is taking forever, and I'm creaming the cash off the government!"
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Generally with an air of glee - "this is taking forever, and I'm creaming the cash off the government!"
                    Choo choo!!!
                    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X