• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Central Heating Cover

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Central Heating Cover

need to renew by heating cover + drains and electrics. British Gas want to charge me £350 p/a.
    Did a quick search on uswitch and the same deal with Cover Heat comes to £230 p/a
    Does anyone have cover with them?

Boring thread so this shouldn't last long.

No. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      No. Next.
      I don't think Next do heating cover. Maybe Ikea.

Comment

You tried powergen/eon/npower ?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          No. Next.
          No your landlord includes your insurance cover in the rent you pay.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
            You tried powergen/eon/npower ?
            they came up in the uswitch list but they all cost around the same as BG.

Comment

Originally posted by RightLaugh View Post
              need to renew by heating cover + drains and electrics. British Gas want to charge me £350 p/a.
              Did a quick search on uswitch and the same deal with Cover Heat comes to £230 p/a
              Does anyone have cover with them?

Boring thread so this shouldn't last long.
              I use BG at £25 a month. Bit expensive but contrary to most people on here I have had nowt but good experiences with them. Been thinking it's a bit much though ...
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

United Utilities do some as well.

When I had my new boiler fitted, the plumber recommended scrapping it and just make sure that you get a decent service every year.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Why not just put £230 away every year and self cover, the same goes for extended warranties on cars and electrical goods, the chances are that not everything will go wrong and you'll be quids in.

Honda wanted over £700 for a 2 year extended warrenty, a Honda mechanic told me that would a a complete waste as it's unlikely to go wrong.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I use BG at £25 a month. Bit expensive but contrary to most people on here I have had nowt but good experiences with them. Been thinking it's a bit much though ...
                    I think I might try them out and see what they're like. Will probably ring BG first and ask them if they can price match. I bet you can't guess what they're answer will be?

Comment

Working...
                    X