• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone know how/where to buy half a house?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how/where to buy half a house?

By this I mean I want to stay in it for 6 months of the year and someone else can live in it or rent it out for the other 6 months. I'll be abroad for the other 6 months of the year.

I don't really want to hassle of having to rent it out 6 months of the year, although in a good area the short-let rent would be attractive.

Any ideas?
    Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Originally posted by beaker View Post
    By this I mean I want to stay in it for 6 months of the year and someone else can live in it or rent it out for the other 6 months. I'll be abroad for the other 6 months of the year.

I don't really want to hassle of having to rent it out 6 months of the year, although in a good area the short-let rent would be attractive.

Any ideas?
    Australia - they seem to have loads of contractors over there over Christmas, and all over here in the summer.

HTH
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post

Any ideas?
      Lake district, Devon?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

10 Downing St, London.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          10 Downing St, London.
          Nah it's in a bad area. The neighbours are right khunts, I've heard.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Apparently there's a scheme whereby you pay a much smaller amount of money per month and live in somebody else's house, with the added advantages of being able to leave when you need to, getting any maintenance done for free, and being able to point and laugh at those worrying over financial ruin due to the Bank of England's latest whim over interest rates.

Might be worth looking into.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Lake district, Devon?
              Oh I meant in London...
              Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

so which months do you want to live in it.

why don't you let it out through a holiday let management company?

tim

Comment

Working...
                X