• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Well Done Mr Bush ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Done Mr Bush ...

Yes - its not a misprint - much to my surprise Bush has angered Communist China with his respect for the Dalai Lama - the continued occuptaion of Tibet is a crime against humanity and religous freedom - International pressure must continue to persuade China to revise its policy of agression in Tibet.

George Bush has risked angering Beijing by calling on Chinese leaders to welcome the Dalai Lama to their country.

The US President called him a "universal symbol of peace and tolerance, a shepherd of the faithful and a keeper of the flame for his people".

"He has won the respect and affection of the American people," Mr Bush said yesterday at the US Capitol building, where the spiritual head of Tibet's Buddhists received the prestigious Congressional Gold Medal. "America cannot look to the plight of the religously oppressed and close their eyes or turn away," said Mr Bush, who handed the medal to the Dalai Lama.

China, which reviles the 72-year-old monk as a Tibetan separatist, has vehemently protested against the ceremony. But at a news conference earlier in the day, Mr Bush said he did not believe that his attendance at the ceremony honouring the Dalai Lama would damage US relations with China. "I support religious freedom; he supports religious freedom... I want to honor this man," Mr Bush said at the White House. "I have consistently told the Chinese that religious freedom is in their nation's interest. I've also told them that it's in their interest to meet with the Dalai Lama and will say so at the ceremony."

He called out Russia yesterday too. Good man. About time.

Comment

George Clooney must have had a word in his shell-like.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Indeed, one of the few times I have agreed with anything the moron has said. Infinite monkeys, typewriters etc.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X