• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mobile phone use backed on planes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mobile phone use backed on planes

Plans have been developed across EU countries to introduce technology which permits mobile calls without risk of interference with aircraft systems

Fecking hope not

They should provide facilities like sleeping gas for passengers to be voluntarily sedated.

Comment

so muh for getting kip on the plane then, now u'll have some annoying IT contractor on the phone next to you blabbering the hole way!!!
      cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
        so muh for getting kip on the plane then, now u'll have some annoying IT contractor on the phone next to you blabbering the hole way!!!
        much

you will

whole

Comment

ta oracle slave... obviously I need more practice at this typing malarkee (is that how you spell malarkey?)
          cut me - ill bleed rosso red

Comment

I predict an increase in 'air rage' incidents.
            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by poser View Post
              ta oracle slave... obviously I need more practice at this typing malarkee (is that how you spell malarkey?)
              Malarkey
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon View Post
                I predict an increase in 'air rage' incidents.
                I guess that's the diplomatic way of saying "stoving the ****er in the head with their ****ing mobile phone, and then kicking them out the door"
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  I guess that's the diplomatic way of saying "stoving the ****er in the head with their ****ing mobile phone, and then kicking them out the door"
                  That said, it will probably only be for the oiks in economy, so why worry?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

With this in mind, can anyone think of anywhere that is still mobile phone free?

I remember reading an article a while back which said cinema operators were looking into installing mobile phone signal jamming technology in their auditoriums. To date, don't believe any of them have.

Edit: Looks the like the French are ahead of the game:
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/3735936.stm

and the Irish tried but failed:
                    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/3735936.stm

Comment

Working...
                    X