• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Everyone is fick, innit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone is fick, innit?

Is it just me or is anyone else horrified that the logo for the Disney film Ratatouille (going past on every other London bus at the moment) also has to contain the phonetic spelling, presumably because people wouldn't know how to prounounce it.

FFS. What has the world come to?

Or am I just on the cusp of becoming a grumpy old git and should just accept my fate?

I recon the posters were made en mass for the yank market and they used the same ones here. Still gets on my 3p bits though
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Hong Kong Phoey?
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Ra-tat-ow-ille? What is that Nancy, a country in the Middle East? God damned Muslims!
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Hong Kong Phoey?
          Phooey

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss Tony View Post
            I recon the posters were made en mass for the yank market and they used the same ones here. Still gets on my 3p bits though
            Surely the name of the film is too high brow for the Americans anyway.

Maybe the subtitle for the trans-Atlantic is just "Rat Film" or something like that so that they can understand it a bit better.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

What we need is another cute Disney movie where the main character is voiced with some smart talking 'stand up guy' Italian American New York accent.

A bit like ITV need another Police drama where the protagonist has some quirky play on words name like Bill Old
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                Or am I just on the cusp of becoming a grumpy old git and should just accept my fate?
                Welcome, welcome, welcome. Surrender to the force...

Comment

I've got the DVD of Tim Burton's one good film: "Beetlejuice", but all through the movie you'll see it spelled "Betelgeuse", presumably because Americans were too confused.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I've got the DVD of Tim Burton's one good film: "Beetlejuice", but all through the movie you'll see it spelled "Betelgeuse", presumably because Americans were too confused.
                    I thought that from the American perspective, it would be called "Beedlejooz" but there you go.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X