• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Grumpy Old Gits are usually right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grumpy Old Gits are usually right

Inspired by a post of Gonzo's:

I've noticed this recently. Everything we rant on about is true. The world is getting crap.
    When you want old-fashioned values call on the grumpy old gits.
    cf Rugby vs. Footy team.
    Also the middle class are better than the working class, by definition.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

People have been bemoaning the fall in morality/western civilisation since the times of Aristotle. Something always seems to save us, could it be that things only appear to be getting worse?
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Yup...

The first lung fish who came out of the water was told "things ain't what they used to be in my young day. All this air breathing nonsense won't get you anywhere... doomed etc."...
      And they were right!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Inspired by a post of Gonzo's:

I've noticed this recently. Everything we rant on about is true. The world is getting crap.
        When you want old-fashioned values call on the grumpy old gits.
        cf Rugby vs. Footy team.
        Also the middle class are better than the working class, by definition.
        I think it is just something that we all go through when we start to get a bit stuck in our ways.

I can remember my parents moaning 20 years ago that things weren't the same as in their day (can't remember what things they moaned about though).

There are some things that horrify me, but why bother remembering how to spell anything when you can get a machine to check it for you?

Why bother being able to read a map when you can use SatNav?

Why bother knowing anything when you can google it?

So could it be that what we see as a decline in standards, is in fact the world moving into a new era?
        Last edited by Gonzo; 18 October 2007, 17:32. Reason: Neeed to finish that idea off.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I know.

I borrowed Threaded's time machine & checked.
          Then there's that Killifish creature.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
          X