• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bring Back the Home Internationals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring Back the Home Internationals

After last nights debacle (what were the scots doing losing to Georgia FFS?) is'nt it about time the home Internationals were reintroduced. It is the only competition that any of the home countries are ever likely to qualify for.
    I'm all for em, we can fight the welsh while we are at it
    40.00%
    No, they are consigned to History
    20.00%
    I am a rugby follower and dont give a s***
    20.00%
    I love agents
    20.00%
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

It wil give us all something to do in the summer of 2008.

But having said that, I've voted no. England players have too many games as it is without being kicked from pillar to post every year by jealous Scots.

The rest will do us good instead.

Comment

At least bring the Scots down to the new Wembley will add to the lack of atmosphere.... but then again the English FA will have to spend another couple of hundred million to fix it up after they have visited..

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
        The rest will do us good instead.
        It's not going to make any difference to any performances, apart from maybe make some of the Premiership stars more tired so we can have another year of Rafa moaning about how many games that $tevie Me has to play, and hear what a hero John Terry is, and how Fat Frank has been playing his little heart out and banging them in against Bolton so why won't the England fans give it a rest and stop booing him...

I'll change my vote to no, please.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          It's not going to make any difference to any performances, apart from maybe make some of the Premiership stars more tired so we can have another year of Rafa moaning about how many games that $tevie Me has to play, and hear what a hero John Terry is, and how Fat Frank has been playing his little heart out and banging them in against Bolton so why won't the England fans give it a rest and stop booing him...

I'll change my vote to no, please.
          What is your team FaQQer ??

Comment

[QUOTE=wendigo100;321524
            The rest will do us good instead.[/QUOTE]

Hardly, it will make the clubs even more money by doing far flung tours

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              What is your team FaQQer ??
              I'm waiting to buy one.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Hardly, it will make the clubs even more money by doing far flung tours
                I know where you are coming from, but they don't do them while the tournament is on. So that is the only opportunity in the whole year for a rest.
                Last edited by wendigo100; 19 October 2007, 08:36.

Comment

At least bring the Scots down to the new Wembley will add to the lack of atmosphere.... but then again the English FA will have to spend another couple of hundred million to fix it up after they have visited..
                  And wash the urine out from the padded seats.

I've got experience of sploshing about on the old terraces at Wembley amongst Scotland fans...

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
                    And wash the urine out from the padded seats.

I've got experience of sploshing about on the old terraces at Wembley amongst Scotland fans...
                    I remember going to watch the rugby at weekends at my home town, and it did seems easier for some to have a slash in the stands...

Comment

Working...
                    X