• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I just extracted a spare bit of plastic...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just extracted a spare bit of plastic...

from the photocopier...

No idea what it's for...

But the photocopier seems to work better without it rattling around in the cogs.

That'll be your good deed for then day done then

Now you can sit back and chill
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      from the photocopier...

No idea what it's for...

But the photocopier seems to work better without it rattling around in the cogs.
      It's probably some manky paper guide or something. I'd say you were wise to remove it, theres usually lots of spare bits on a photocopier that aren't actually used!
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

It probably got broken off when somebody was photocopying their nether regions; those things really aren't strong enough to take a 23 stone woman sitting on them.

Have you washed your hands, or rather claws?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
          That'll be your good deed for then day done then

Now you can sit back and chill
          First Hedghogs, now photocopiers. Is there no end tyo your talents ZG?
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

They've a new photocopier here. It came with 18 cds. Well it's a printer and scanner too. But 18 cds?

Anyways, they've spent all week setting it up, and it's still not playing.

The Engineers, three of them, have gone for lunch, so I've just been and removed a piece of plastic. I'm sure it will help.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              It would appear not... I've just built & tested a Class AB audio amplifier too...
              ...which doubles up as a radiator in the long cold winter.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                You are so right... it's currently disipating about 12W for an output of about 2W... I can't turn the voltage up any further because the heatsink gets too hot to touch.
                This is all part of your latest cunning plan isn't it ZG. Build hugely inneficient devices to warmt he planet up enough that Giant Alien Lizard Kind will find it hospitable enough to colonise permanently!
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I have found that everything works better with a few bits removed. The manufacturers just put them there to test us.

PS Just replaced the valve in my downsatairs bog cistern. Works ok but now there's a leak, can you pop round and fix it? Ta.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    I have found that everything works better with a few bits removed. The manufacturers just put them there to test us.

PS Just replaced the valve in my downsatairs bog cistern. Works ok but now there's a leak, can you pop round and fix it? Ta.
                    How the fsck do I post a comment on yer blog man?
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X