• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim Tories: 'Iran has right to nuclear arms'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim Tories: 'Iran has right to nuclear arms'

Hmmm... not quite sure this is what David had in mind

A body set up by David Cameron to advise the Conservatives on Muslim issues has criticised the Government's relationship with Israel and concluded that Iran has "legitimate" reasons for wanting nuclear weapons.

The Conservative Muslim Forum also wants the compulsory history curriculum in schools changed to give "full recognition to the massive contribution that Islam has made to the development of Western civilisation".

It also argues that preachers who advocate a rejection of democracy and its institutions should not be denied entry into Britain.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Only yesterday I was thinking to myself that Troll hasn't been about much with his cut 'n' paste antics.

And as if by magic...

How's it going CD?

Comment

I'm surprised that they aren't saying "You lot in the West have nuclear weapons so why shouldn't we?"

If the USA etc want the world to be nuclear-weapon free then they should get rid of their own arsenals.
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
        I'm surprised that they aren't saying "You lot in the West have nuclear weapons so why shouldn't we?"

If the USA etc want the world to be nuclear-weapon free then they should get rid of their own arsenals.

But then how could the yanks defend their model of rule by hypocrisy - sorry - democracy?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
          But then how could the yanks defend their model of rule by hypocrisy - sorry - democracy?
          Thats the idea - they wouldn't be able to
          It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Is there a Muslim Labour group? If there is, are their views any different? I suspect the Muslim part determines their views about Israel or nukes for Iran rather than the conservative part.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              And then again, he might have a point...
              Nah.

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Indeed.

The aura of permanent victimhood is overwhelming...
              Which conversely explains why the pre-dominanently Christian main Labour party wouldn't want a muslim country to have any nukes.

The stench of colonial visions of grandeur are overpowering

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post

Then then we wouldn't be able to witness the hypocrisy of condemning India and Pakistan for test firing missiles, while staying silent when the French test fire theirs.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                  ...Which conversely explains why the pre-dominanently Christian main Labour party ...
                  And there was me thinking that party ranks were full of atheistic marxists, when all the time they're happy clappy, evangelical fundementalists. I bet Gordon Brown play tambourine while he sings a rocked up version of Abide With Me.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Then then we wouldn't be able to witness the hypocrisy of condemning India and Pakistan for test firing missiles, while staying silent when the French test fire theirs.
                    There is a difference between the two scenarios you mention.

India and Pakistan are sabre rattling.

France is merely testing their technology before flogging it to all that will buy.
                    Last edited by Churchill; 22 October 2007, 11:19. Reason: DBA_Bloke rightly pointed out the incorrect usage of the word "there" - Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X