• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Four-year-old boy guilty of racism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Four-year-old boy guilty of racism

Gosh they start young don't they?
    A headteacher has defended her decision to investigate an allegation that a four-year-old boy was guilty of racism during a game of chase.

Anne Phipps acted after Rocky Smith spat at a 10-year-old black boy on the school's playing field. She said she had no choice but to pursue the accusation, despite the child's age.

Racism campaigners have also expressed surprise at the school's actions, but insist that even very young children can be racist.
    Rocky's parents, Sarah, 35, and Iain Smith, 37, are demanding an apology from the school.

Mrs Smith said: "After it happened, I said to Rocky 'what is a racist?' and he said 'it's when you have races with your friends and the person who wins is it'. I can't believe they even called me. Rocky was wrong for lashing out and I've spoken to him about that, but how can a four-year-old be racist?
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Gosh they start young don't they?
    Well, you proud of your son, Iain?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Who on earth would call their child Rocky? Says it all.....
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Only yesterday I was thinking to myself that Troll hasn't been about much with his cut 'n' paste antics.

And as if by magic...

How's it going CD?

Comment

I didn't know it was racist to spit at someone if that person is black.

Another lesson for us all.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Only yesterday I was thinking to myself that Troll hasn't been about much with his cut 'n' paste antics.

And as if by magic...

How's it going CD?
            I was thinking this morning, Clippy's busy with his cut 'n' paste antics - are you after a record for how many identical posts you can make today?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I was thinking this morning, Clippy's busy with his cut 'n' paste antics - are you after a record for how many identical posts you can make today?
              Nah, that'd be me.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X