• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unlucky England

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlucky England

I must say that England were most unlucky.

Tears were welling up in my eyes at the final whistle as our plucky lads, who had been to hell and back, dropped to the floor with nothing to show for it.

I would arrange honours for them all, but as some of you might know this gift has been taken out of the Prime Minister's hands following my predecessor's ridiculous largesse. You don't realise how close you were to having Sir David and Lady Victoria Beckham lording it over you.

I shall be supporting my favourite team England at the next world cup, and attending all their key games this time instead of just the final.

Originally posted by gordonbrown View Post
    I must say that England were most unlucky.

Tears were welling up in my eyes at the final whistle as our plucky lads, who had been to hell and back, dropped to the floor with nothing to show for it.

I would arrange honours for them all, but as some of you might know this gift has been taken out of the Prime Minister's hands following my predecessor's ridiculous largesse. You don't realise how close you were to having Sir David and Lady Victoria Beckham lording it over you.

I shall be supporting my favourite team England at the next world cup, and attending all their key games this time instead of just the final.
    eye
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Gord, did you notice that none of the players, whilst shaking your putrid hand, even bothered to look at you in the eye

Now get back to your desk and do, as usual, nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by arthur_cider View Post
        Gord, did you notice that none of the players, whilst shaking your putrid hand, even bothered to look at you in the eye

Now get back to your desk and do, as usual, nothing!
        Do you think the players know which eye?
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Were you at the Grand Prix too?

Comment

Working...
          X