• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mourning of a dog

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mourning of a dog

One of the work collegues here took an unbeleivable three days of sympathy leave. Because her dog which had a bad heart and had been ill for several months and which she knew would die soon, died on tuesday night. Talk about taking the (dog) biscuit.

I dunno, maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but some people don't seem to have the right priorities.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Permie or contractor.

Is permie then abuse the system I say.

Comment

Oh Permie for sure. Obviously a soft manager and a heavily sobbing employee - yeah take some time off for your lousy dog.

Sorry but when it comes to pets - grieving over an animal which lives 12 years - is a bit silly.
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

My dog died last year and I was in bits for whole hours about it.
        Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Dogs

As a dog owner I can see hopw some people get extremely attched to their animals and the natural result of that is to grieve when it dies.

I think when mine pops his designer pet mittens I will be sad, but taking off work is a bit extreme
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

don't know any recipes for dog... I'll investigate though

<chef in "can't keep an IKEA bamboo stick alive never mind pet's" mode>
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              don't know any recipes for dog... I'll investigate though

<chef in "can't keep an IKEA bamboo stick alive never mind pet's" mode>
              Try the Korean Cookbook.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Try the Korean Cookbook.
                LOL

Comment

I used to get really upset when I had to take one of my vans to the scrapyard. Then I adopted a Buddhist philosophy, only the shell of my beloved van had been crushed, its spirit had been reincarnated in my new (AKA cheap second hand) van. I found this a great comfort and it eased my sense of betrayal.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
                    As a dog owner I can see hopw some people get extremely attched to their animals and the natural result of that is to grieve when it dies.

I think when mine pops his designer pet mittens I will be sad, but taking off work is a bit extreme
                    In this case, all she did was talk about her dog. She spent hundred of pounds a month on medication to keep it alive. Medication which caused the dog to loose its appetite - effectively keeping the dog alive so it could starve to death. Just silly.

Only dog owner I knew was one at Uni, a Phd. Student. He came in one day a bit sad. Explained his dog died, how he'd built a box for it and buried it in the back at its favorite spot. To me that is the "correct" way to handle things.

I'm here hopeing my cat dies soon so I can stop feeding it. Mind you, she is cute, but I doubt I'd miss her. I'd just get another one.

Comment

Working...
                    X