• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Threaded's Video thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threaded's Video thread

Ok,

to stop me accidentally clikcing on yet another of threaded's video links.. there's a thread dedicated to it.

so, threaded,

1) what is this video all about? (started watching it but got bored after 10 seconds) graffiti and some kids.. a summary would be appreciated, ideally with a point that isn't too cryptic, it is monday after all..

2) why are you bombarding us with it? does it have some secret hidden message in it? i see no lizards or daleks.

3) can't you make it CUK friendly and be either:
    a) IT geeky
    b) related to sport
    c) sex orientated (but with kids in isnt a good idea)
    d) easy to allow SAS and shaun or AtW to argue pro's/con's about it

Thanks

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

I did not click on threaded's link and I strongly think he shoud put his old sign back up

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
      Ok,

to stop me accidentally clikcing on yet another of threaded's video links.. there's a thread dedicated to it.

so, threaded,

1) what is this video all about? (started watching it but got bored after 10 seconds) graffiti and some kids.. a summary would be appreciated, ideally with a point that isn't too cryptic, it is monday after all..

2) why are you bombarding us with it? does it have some secret hidden message in it? i see no lizards or daleks.

3) can't you make it CUK friendly and be either:
      a) IT geeky
      b) related to sport
      c) sex orientated (but with kids in isnt a good idea)
      d) easy to allow SAS and shaun or AtW to argue pro's/con's about it

Thanks

Chef
      It's about Jagtvej 69 politics. The video shows how the rich and conected can get away with building big houses whilst getting the poor to actually pay for it all. If the poor try to build a house it will be demolished. The secret message to it all is how the media orgs, such as Google, only show the negative side of the Jagtvej 69 issue, in the case of Google by giving low rankings to videos such as this that offer an alternate point of view, even though their linkage is significantly higher than many on the front page.

Google: 'do no evil', yeah, right on man, and a monkey has flown out of my butt.

All will be revealed on Thursday.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        It's about Jagtvej 69 politics. The video shows how the rich and conected can get away with building big houses whilst getting the poor to actually pay for it all. If the poor try to build a house it will be demolished. The secret message to it all is how the media orgs, such as Google, only show the negative side of the Jagtvej 69 issue, in the case of Google by giving low rankings to videos such as this that offer an alternate point of view, even though their linkage is significantly higher than many on the front page.

Google: 'do no evil', yeah, right on man, and a monkey has flown out of my butt.

All will be revealed on Thursday.

So, which building are you going to crash your aeroplane into?
        Which railway station are you going to Anthrax Bomb?
        Which politician or member of the Danish Royal family are you going to kidnap?
        What's the name of the school that you're going to massacre the kids in?

Churchill - In "If that lot doesn't ring a few bells in Cheltenham or Menwith Hill, I don't know what will" mode!

Comment

thanks for (sort of) clearing that up..

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            thanks for (sort of) clearing that up..
            I still don't understand it, but if it stops the threads, then I'll say I do!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I still don't understand it, but if it stops the threads, then I'll say I do!
              It's using a technique called surrealism. Takes a good few viewings to get the points made, and you need to bring a lot of outside knowledge 'to the table', so to speak. In this way it works at many levels. Some may see it as disjoined, others as thought provoking, but the intention is that it should be found highly amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                It's using a technique called surrealism. Takes a good few viewings to get the points made, and you need to bring a lot of outside knowledge 'to the table', so to speak. In this way it works at many levels. Some may see it as disjoined, others as thought provoking, but the intention is that it should be found highly amusing.
                It fails.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

i know what will happen thursday..

Threaded is going to buy Jagtvej 69

"Faderhuset has, as of 20. september, put the lot at Jagtvej 69 for sale at 15 million DKR"

all is explained here

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    It fails.
                    I thought I'd already mentioned the Jagtvej 69 video should fail to be anywhere near the front page of Google.

Comment

Working...
                    X