• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beckham misses out on play-offs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Beckham's Major League Soccer season is over after Los Angeles Galaxy failed to reach the play-offs.

The former England captain, who has been struggling with an ankle injury, came on for 32 minutes in the 1-0 defeat at Chicago Fire.

He now faces six months without a competitive match for his club until the MLS season resumes in April.

Beckham recently denied reports he could return to England for a loan spell with a Premier League club (AtW's comment: he sure wants to, but noone has got enough money to accomodate his overinflated ego).

But the 32-year-old is hoping to get into the England squad for the Euro 2008 qualifier against Croatia in November.

If Beckham had played every qualification game, England would now be sitting top of their group

NowDoINotLikeThatz (AtW's comment: maybe. But humiliation of Beckham is a good trade-off for this risk...)

"I'm a person who likes to train and work every day. I've never had more than three weeks off in the summer," said Beckham.

"I'm not going to know what to do with myself. I'll be keeping on training and keeping fit no matter what," he added.

LA Galaxy are due to play Sydney FC on 27 November during a mini-tour of Australasia just six days after England's game against Croatia.

------

Best news today! And don't accuse me of being vindictive or something, it is the British thing to kick former heroes when they are down

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Best news today! And don't accuse me of being vindictive or something, it is the British thing to kick former heroes when they are down
    No, we kick them when they are up.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If Beckham had played every qualification game, England would now be sitting top of their group

Look Alexei, we are gradually forgetting about the tw@t. Kindly refrain from posting about him again.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        No, we kick them when they are up.
        No we don't.....if we kicked them when they were up then we'd never have anyone to kick at all
        It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
          No we don't.....if we kicked them when they were up then we'd never have anyone to kick at all
          Well, OK maybe up is a bit much. We kick them if they dare attempt to raise above the level of fecking useless.

Comment

Working...
          X