• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Insurance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance?

Hello
    First post here so go easy.

I need to set up the following.
    Employers Liability, Public Liability and professional Indemnity insurance.

2 questions,

Best place to try that will give the cover I need and value for money?

I am on a 6 month contract - do anyone offer insurance for 6 months or will I have to purchase 12 month?

I am with SJD as my accountants and they have suggested a company just wondering if there is anyone else out there that people are with.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
    Hello

2 questions,

I am on a 6 month contract - do anyone offer insurance for 6 months or will I have to purchase 12 month?

I am with SJD as my accountants and they have suggested a company just wondering if there is anyone else out there that people are with.

Thanks in advance.
    My understanding is that all insurance is for 12 months; take a look at the two links below for some comparisons, they both come with good recommendations.

http://www.randelldorling.co.uk/index.html

https://www.caunceohara.co.uk/quick_quote.html?tid=122

Comment

Hello

2 questions,

Thanks in advance.
      I use Caunce O Hara and although I have never had to make a claim I think at the time I was looking they were pretty reasonable.

Comment

IIRC I'm through Randall Dorling using the PCG dicounted scheme.

Comment

Hello

2 questions,

Thanks in advance.
          I have all mine through Hiscox.. IIRC, there was no minimum term or a maximum.. It keeps going as long as I keep paying the premium (been with them for 2 1/2 years or so), but not needed to make a claim..
          The "Fit" hits the "Shan"

Comment

Originally posted by Signo_cypher View Post
            My understanding is that all insurance is for 12 months; take a look at the two links below for some comparisons, they both come with good recommendations.

http://www.randelldorling.co.uk/index.html

https://www.caunceohara.co.uk/quick_quote.html?tid=122
            Some will give you a partial refund if you cancel the insurance mid-way through the year.

If you're going to continue contracting, it's worth it to continue paying it though.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Randell Dorling.. with discount obtained through PCG (Professional Contractors Group) membership (cue Milan with the "benefits of PCG" speech)

both highly recommended.

i'm also with SJD, no complaints whatsoever so far.

oh and welcome
              The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

If the client is accepting your work quality by virtue of signing your timesheet then the Prof Indem insurance shouldn't have to go past the end of the contract. If not, then you may need it for a duration afterwards.

Comment

You can't go wrong with Cater Allen (Bank AC), SJD, Randell and PCG.
                  The premier companies to be with in Contracting.

Comment

You have to check if your PII is based on claims made or occurance.

http://www.randelldorling.co.uk/PDFs...occurrence.pdf

All PIIs I have looked at are occurence based. So, if there is a possibility of a claim, it is not advisable to cancel it at the end of a contract.

For IT Contactors who are doing development work as part of a team , PII is not required, IMHO, unless you contract stipulates it.

Comment

Working...
                    X