• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How they messed up F1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How they messed up F1

A few years ago when they changed the points system in F1 to reward consistency (to try to depose schumey) I thought it would end in a mess. Now we have a situation where a driver who won 4 races could be world champion over someone who won 6. All subject to scoring a ridiculous 4 points for coming a default 5th. Forget the ITV hype Raikonnen is clearly the best f1 driver.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    A few years ago when they changed the points system in F1 to reward consistency (to try to depose schumey) I thought it would end in a mess. Now we have a situation where a driver who won 4 races could be world champion over someone who won 6. All subject to scoring a ridiculous 4 points for coming a default 5th. Forget the ITV hype Raikonnen is clearly the best f1 driver.
    And so f---ing what?

Comment

Gotta say I found myself hoping Hamilton wouldn't win on Sunday after a few laps of the absolute verbal wanking the commentators were doing over Hamilton - not his fault and he seems like a decent bloke, but ffs try to have some sort of impartiality - it was as biased, and bad a job of commentating I think I've ever heard.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        - it was as biased, and bad a job of commentating I think I've ever heard.

since the rugger cup the night before....
        Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Actually, no. Worse than that. Much worse.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
            Gotta say I found myself hoping Hamilton wouldn't win on Sunday after a few laps of the absolute verbal wanking the commentators were doing over Hamilton - not his fault and he seems like a decent bloke, but ffs try to have some sort of impartiality - it was as biased, and bad a job of commentating I think I've ever heard.
            Since Murray commentated on Damon Hill or Mansell.

Or Harry Carpenter in the Bruno v Tyson fight.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

They were so convinced Hamilton was going to win they hadn't even worked out the other possibilities. Even Mark Blundel had to admit at one point Raikonnen was the fastest driver in F1, although he was soon shut up to wax further about Lewis.

Hamilton is very talented but all this "best ever Rookie" bollocks is misleading. Few rookies go straight into the best car, it's happened once in recent history with Jacques Villeneuve in the Williams. He finished second that year, and also won 4 races, but under the current consistency based system would have probably won it.
              Last edited by Bagpuss; 22 October 2007, 14:18.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                They were so convinced Hamilton was going to win they hadn't even worked out the other possibilities. Even Mark Blundel had to admit at one point Raikonnen was the fastest driver in F1, although he was soon shut up to wax further about Lewis.

Hamilton is very talented but all this "best ever Rookie" bollocks is misleading. Few rookies go straight into the best car, it's happened once in recent history with Jacques Villeneuve in the Williams. He finished second that year, and also won 4 races, but under the current consistency based system would have probably won it.
                The Guardian had a handy little table showing what points each would get from each position. Maybe ITV couldn't stretch that far - after all, he's English so was always going to win.

Nice to see that Alonso has already chipped in with his thoughts on the appeal:

Originally posted by Fernando Alonso
                I'm not sure what Lewis would think - I guess if they give you the title, you don't think it's a present but rather that you deserve it. He would be delighted...Raikkonen is the deserved champion.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

There was a time when 20 white guy chasing a black guy was classed as racism - Now it's called Formula 1
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    There was a time when 20 white guy chasing a black guy was classed as racism - Now it's called Formula 1
                    Burn him!

How's Leeds, Tony? Been to any games?

Comment

Working...
                    X