• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gym runners or Gym bunnies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gym runners or Gym bunnies

ok uber geeks,

i'm looking for an MP3 player to use in the gym,

must have:
    -armband so i dont have to hold it on the treadmill or when rowing etc.
    -half decent battery life
    -1gb memory

preferable:
    -water proof/resist as the last one i had went rusty from sweat

i was thinking about the Sony NW-S205 but it got poor review everywhere, not too keen on Ipod as i synch my media centre music to it and want to keep MP3 format.

Any ideas? Also any suggestions to a decent pair of headphones suitable for the treadmill aswell?

cheers

Chef
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

iPod nano with the arm band, is good, very good. The only problem is the arm band can be a little tight, more so after doing weights.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

I use an sony mp3 at the gym, it's so small it happily sits in your pocket. It's taken 1 hell of a battering and still works 2 years on
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

The Zen Stone might be worth a look: http://uk.europe.creative.com/produc...&product=16424

I don't know if it's waterproof. Mrs PRC has one that she likes a lot.

Comment

Sandisk Sansa e series are good - you need to buy an armband thingy separately, but it's a good un.

Not that I have ever taken one into a gym - last time I was in a gym, MP3s hadn't been invented...
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Sony NWD-B105 is getting good reviews. Also, I like the in-ear kind of headphones for the treadmill - can't remember any good brands as I'm not a headphone psycho (some people spend hundreds on little earbuds).

Comment

Fidelity 900 portable radio/cassette with twin integral 4 watt speakers, comes with comfy shoulder pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
                Sony NWD-B105 is getting good reviews. Also, I like the in-ear kind of headphones for the treadmill - can't remember any good brands as I'm not a headphone psycho (some people spend hundreds on little earbuds).
                Sennheiser are good. Don't bother with any noice cancelling ear bud ones, though, since they fall out if you move about much.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I use the shuffle with the clip thingy.

Small enough not to be obtrusive and can handle mp3s no prob - just import them into iTunes as mp3. so cheap I don't give a monkies if it rusts to bits.

Comment

I simply hum my favourite tunes to myself. So cheap, too.

Comment

Working...
                    X