• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

One in the eye...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One in the eye...

for Time Team...

Nasty.

Very.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7056583.stm

blimey. death by splinter.

Comment

Ouch.
      Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

I'm often minded that an ancient soldier would way prefer a modern battlefield, what with the chance of either a sudden death or advanced medical treatment. No lingering about for months to die.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

At least they won't be broadcasting the re-enactment.

Of course, they could have tied it in with a phone-in vote to see whether people think he'll live or not. Except that the result would be rigged.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

A splinter?

Yeah, a 12 foot splinter with a knight riding a horse on the other end of it!

Comment

How could a splinter in his eye cause him to die? I could understand if he'd lost the eye, but to actually kill him, it must have been a big splinter. Or MRSA.

Actually, it happened to Roger Moore in a film where he played a knight. But the whole lance went into his eye. Not really of course, just in the film.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
                How could a splinter in his eye cause him to die? I could understand if he'd lost the eye, but to actually kill him, it must have been a big splinter. Or MRSA.

Actually, it happened to Roger Moore in a film where he played a knight. But the whole lance went into his eye. Not really of course, just in the film.
                Pity.

Comment

You'd have thought he would have seen it coming
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                    You'd have thought he would have seen it coming

Comment

Working...
                    X