• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie keeners

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permie keeners

Guy who sits next to me, gets in at 730am and works until 7pm, bearing in mind it's 36.5 hour week here. He works non-stop all day every day, and takes no more than 15 minutes in breaks.

How is it possible to be so keen? He must love his job.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Or hates his family.

Sounds like he is working harder rather than smarter.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

i still want to kill him though, he told me before he goes to bed at 9pm so he can have a clear head for the next working day
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Wierdo...

Must have no life whatsoever

I never (well ok very very rarely) did overtime as a permie.

[edit] In fact I still don't do overtime now unless it's paid.
        Do what thou wilt

Comment

Tell him how much more than him you earn and he will stop

Comment

so kill him. Moose has instructions. !
            Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

To be fair he's not a bad guy, he's just far too keen, the groundhog day nature of this place makes me wonder how?

Maybe I'm the only Bill Murray

Comment

Worked with these sorts before. They also never take holidays.

They seem to be under the impression that if they didn't do this the sky would fall in and that they are invaluable to the business. They also view everyone else as incompetent.

Losers! End of.

Comment

got someone like that here, proper jobsworth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    To be fair he's not a bad guy, he's just far too keen, the groundhog day nature of this place makes me wonder how?

Maybe I'm the only Bill Murray
                    Maybe he's the one doing all the work you are supposed to be doing. Well done! 10 points & a skiing trip at Xmas.

Comment

Working...
                    X