• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Doomed or is it Boomed, I forget

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed or is it Boomed, I forget

Repossessions rise 'set to go on'

Experts say sub-prime lending is contributing to mortgage difficulties
    House repossessions are their highest level for eight years and the rise is expected to continue, a BBC Wales investigation has found.

Almost 3,000 possession orders were granted in courts in Wales in the first half of 2007.

Housing industry observers said high property prices and rising mortgage costs will fuel repossession figures.

The Council of Mortgage Lenders predicted that any rise in repossessions would be a modest one.

The Week In Week Out programme looked at the housing market in Wales - where house prices have trebled in a decade - as it is hit by falling property prices and five interest rate rises since August last year.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7056951.stm

Just the start me thinks. Or is it just because we don't have a migration problem in Wales

It's always boom for someone - in this case debt collectors...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      It's always boom for someone - in this case debt collectors...
      Used to be a kid at my school. Ginger, weedy, a real background nonentity.

Met him a few years ago: he's a hard-assed debt collector now. And utterly terrifying, too. I asked him how he dealt with debtors' snappy alsations, etc., when he called 'round to get the lolly. He mentioned something about an axe.

Comment

Working...
      X