• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diehards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diehards

There are a number of you guys who have been in the industry for a long time, and for many years you continually send my agency updates of your CVs. I find that I have at some stage spoken to them at least twice over the years and I am always interested to look at their CVs to see how they keep themselves in work (precious few opportunities through us ). These guys are usually business analysts or project managers who just keep going and going. They never seem to have too much difficulty in finding work.

Agents may change and clients may be continually upgrading their systems and their people, yet still these die hards keep on finding work.

they know the market and how it works and they always find themselves jobs. They continually send their CVs to us even though we rarely have opportunities for them. I know who they are but I wont give out names, just to say thanks for always sending your CVs in, and I hope one day we can find an opportunity or two for them.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

CUK deep sea fishing? Makes a change, I suppose.

Comment

Don't be horrid to Dodgy, he's OK. Could do with a better choice in ties though.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

You have Bruce Willis on your list?
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          There are a number of you guys who have been in the industry for a long time, and for many years you continually send my agency updates of your CVs. I find that I have at some stage spoken to them at least twice over the years and I am always interested to look at their CVs to see how they keep themselves in work (precious few opportunities through us ). These guys are usually business analysts or project managers who just keep going and going. They never seem to have too much difficulty in finding work.

Agents may change and clients may be continually upgrading their systems and their people, yet still these die hards keep on finding work.

they know the market and how it works and they always find themselves jobs. They continually send their CVs to us even though we rarely have opportunities for them. I know who they are but I wont give out names, just to say thanks for always sending your CVs in, and I hope one day we can find an opportunity or two for them.
          What a lovely sentiment, particularly after the anger of yesterday.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Almost had a tear in my eye at the heart felt tone of that post Dodgy AND I almost sent my CV just so you could try and find either myself work or simply use my previous work history to try and position others for work.. all so that little Junior Dodgy Agent doesnt go hungry and has a great big Goose at xmas..

Then i realised that Im not a Project Manager or Business Analyst and I get my contracts from VAR's in my field of work..

but seeings as it is nearly xmas, what's your web address? I'll pass it on to PMs that I know.

<Chef in "surprisingly none suspicious of agents" mode>
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              <Chef in "surprisingly none suspicious of agents" mode>
              Music to an agent's evil, pointed ears.

Comment

Dodgy's getting soft in his old age
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  I preferred your old avatar. SC is creepy enough, without the gimp suit!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                    Ha. Aren't these IT geeks mugs, eh, dodge?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X