• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cover letters on Jobserve applications

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cover letters on Jobserve applications

How many of you use the option to submit cover letters with your CV when applying through jobserve? In my experience when I get a call from the agent, they ask the usual questions about availability, rate, relevant experience etc which I have all specified in the cover letter, indiating they don't bother reading it...

Poll to follow
    Yes, an extensive letter outlining my relevant skills and experience
    9.09%
    Yes but only saying "Please find attached my CV..." etc
    18.18%
    No / Rarely
    68.18%
    I am AndyW
    4.55%
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Cant' be arsed with all that. My CV should tell them if I'm qualified with for the job or not.

I used to spend ages on job applications only to be told 'We don't have anything which matches your requirements' even though I'm applying for a job I have years of experience in

Death to agencies

Comment

Originally posted by pisces View Post
      Death to agencies
      especially Axel Man & Zebedee's base
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Put my CV up once with jobserve and just got call after call from fishing agents, doubt I would do it again.

Comment

Working...
        X