• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advanced Calculus

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced Calculus

I need to brush up on this quickly - multi-variable calculus including partial differentiation, improper and multiple integrals. Just need an overview.
    Any maths gurus out there who can recommend a good, concise overview?
    My basic calculus is OK.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Milan's just changing a tape, he'll give you a hand when he gets back.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I need to brush up on this quickly - multi-variable calculus including partial differentiation, improper and multiple integrals. Just need an overview.
      Just the same really, except the numbers are unreal until you want them to be.

Any maths gurus out there who can recommend a good, concise overview?
      Yes

My basic calculus is OK.
      You'd be stuffed then.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I have found Schaum's Outline books to be very good to help brush up on skills. They are pretty cheap, concise, cover many topics and use lots of examples rather than going through lengthly derivations. I have recently been working through the statistics and probability ones and found them to be very useful.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

PM'd you.
          Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Spivak

What else is there?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              I have found Schaum's Outline books to be very good to help brush up on skills. They are pretty cheap, concise, cover many topics and use lots of examples rather than going through lengthly derivations. I have recently been working through the statistics and probability ones and found them to be very useful.
              Thanks - had a look on Amazon, sounds just the ticket and at the right price.
              Looks like Foyles this evening, then.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Tell me what level of "basic" you are good at. Doing a OU Degree with calculus included and the majority of the course materials could be liberated as pdfs.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Spivak

What else is there?
                  Will have a look at that too, although from the contents it doesn't seem to do multi-variable?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Good luck. Don't envy you - partial derivatives =
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Working...
                    X