• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT and interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT and interviews

Has anyone done much work for BT and is it normal for the to mess you aorund with interviews? I've been waiting all week for a telephone interview and it keeps getting put off.

Originally posted by crimdon View Post
    Has anyone done much work for BT and is it normal for the to mess you aorund with interviews? I've been waiting all week for a telephone interview and it keeps getting put off.
    Some time ago now but that was my experience too.

Comment

... BT ... telephone interview ...
      And cue the puns!
      It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Some time ago now but that was my experience too.
        I hate hanging around like this. The agent seems to be chasing it as hard as he can but it just doesn't seemt o be top of their list of things to do

Comment

Sure, it must be a pain but telephone interviews are quite often postponed, atleast more so than face to face ones anyway. Don't be disheartened, put it on the back burner and continue searching and applying as if the role doesn't exist.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
            Sure, it must be a pain but telephone interviews are quite often postponed, atleast more so than face to face ones anyway. Don't be disheartened, put it on the back burner and continue searching and applying as if the role doesn't exist.
            I've started doing that to be honest. Its been a struggle getting my second contract and I'd almost given up and started applying for permie jobs again.

Comment

Do they run the PSL themselves or do they use a "solutions" company?
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Do they run the PSL themselves or do they use a "solutions" company?
                Its not directly with BT but via a colutuions company. Already had an interview them but they needed BT's so say to go any further or so I've been told.

Comment

Hmmm my contacts in BT are all awaiting a cull...seems there is, or about to be a board meeting going on and expectations are they will be out.

Your chaps could be hanging on for the result as well
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I jumped ship from BT last month knowing that there was *another* major restructure about to happen and that cutting staff and contractors would be the end result. The restructure detail was due to be announced at the beginning of this month so they will be up to their ears in the implementation and associated fall out atm.

AFAIK Elan have the lions share of the recruitment market within BT but either way the hold up is probably due to this reorganisation and people waiting to see who and what is left afterwards.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                    X