• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Plan B - Financial freedom - living off the land or whatever - and YOU!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plan B - Financial freedom - living off the land or whatever - and YOU!

OK, this is being discussed a bit on the forum here and there and I don’t think there has been a poll about it yet (has there?) So who is working on – or has achieved a plan B that means you don’t have to work but live off investment income or other forms of passive income that more than cover your expenses – and if so what is your plan B?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    OK, this is being discussed a bit on the forum here and there and I don’t think there has been a poll about it yet (has there?)
    And there still hasn't been, apparently

Comment

My plan b is in the holiday rentals market in advertising.

Website, back end management systems, SEO work and payments handling mostly.

Run day to day by a friends wife. Not enough to give up work but makes about £50K profit p.a. as of today.

I have another load of plan b's nearly ready to release.

This time next year I won't be a millionaire (unless I sell some property). But I might be getting nearer to £100K from plan b's alone. That's the aim over the next 2 years.

Comment

Plan B....

Can't complain

Could all end in tears

Not giving up the day job

All the best with your plan b's

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          My plan b is in the holiday rentals market in advertising.

Website, back end management systems, SEO work and payments handling mostly.

Run day to day by a friends wife. Not enough to give up work but makes about £50K profit p.a. as of today.

I have another load of plan b's nearly ready to release.

This time next year I won't be a millionaire (unless I sell some property). But I might be getting nearer to £100K from plan b's alone. That's the aim over the next 2 years.
          Proper profit, after paying everything (people, servers etc etc)? That's pretty darn good. My plan b's are all rubbish - investments (funds etc) then wait for the market to drop and BTL.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba View Post
            Proper profit, after paying everything (people, servers etc etc)? That's pretty darn good. My plan b's are all rubbish - investments (funds etc) then wait for the market to drop and BTL.
            Yes. But the profit is currently split 50/50 with other shareholders, so it means £25K pa income.

Same business could be expanded and pushed to make more money, but there is soooooooo much super paying easy peasy .NET work out there.

Comment

Zorba,

he does the other .net, not our .net

Would anybody like to enter into a private equity agreement for one of the Benes plan b releases ? only savvy investors need apply

Milan.

Comment

My Plan B is working to the extent I could give up the day job without hardship despite the drop in income. It's looking like it could eventually replace IT completely but I'm having too much fun to move.

It all started with learning to play a banjo.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

oops - poll didn't work

Interesting answers though
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                  X