• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm thinking of buying this house down the road

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of buying this house down the road

http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra..../THERA/18712/1

Is it a bit too Arthur Daley?

Would my Merc SL look right on the drive?

I think it's very nice actually - a good bit of space round it. Only problem is swimming pools are a complete money pit.

Comment

Outside swimming pool? Can't see that getting much use unless you turn it into a duck pond.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        http://212.50.188.108/cgi-win/vebra..../THERA/18712/1

Is it a bit too Arthur Daley?

Would my Merc SL look right on the drive?
        It looks almost like Neverland. You only need the garden clock.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

It looks more like crazy golf hole to me
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Road noise?
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Er, it's near Swindon. I have never heard a good word said about Swindon.

I have never been there myself, although I did once spend 4 hours sitting in a stationary train just outside Wootton Bassett because locals had thrown debris onto the track.
              Last edited by Gonzo; 25 October 2007, 21:01. Reason: I was in the train, not on it. We are not in India, although my job might be soon.

Comment

My great aunt lives in Wootton Bassett. It's not very nice.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I already live in the Swindon area, so it doesn't make much odds.

Comment

Did you hear about that poor family tragedy when on hols in Portugal? (parents drawning while trying to save their kids)I think they live/used to live in Wootton Basset

Comment

Working...
                    X