• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Support The Whie poppy for peace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support The Whie poppy for peace

www.whitepoppy.org.uk

Arguably injured soldiers are far better treated today but today taxpayers money is ued to subsidise the fortunes of the arms dealers.

What is all this death destruction and suffering really about?

Visit also

www.ppu.org.uk

Originally posted by Lambros View Post
    www.whitepoppy.org.uk

Arguably injured soldiers are far better treated today but today taxpayers money is ued to subsidise the fortunes of the arms dealers.

What is all this death destruction and suffering really about?

Visit also

www.ppu.org.uk
    Sometimes in life you have to fight, it should never be the first response and only used when all other avenues have been exhausted..but at some stage you will have to be prepared to sacrifice your life.
    The red poppy is a token of the British publics appreciation of those sacrifices made by its armed forces, unfortunately immigrants such as yourself see no linkage between service and citizenship, therefore you pander to this insult to those men and women who have fought and died.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Good plan Troll.

Any immigrant who wishes to relocate to the UK must have died first in battle fighting for Britain. Should keep the numbers down a bit.

Comment

Your idea has merit.... but it's not wot I said!
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Used by many civilisations over the years as one path to become a citizen.

Anyways, war is politics by other means, and if we were'nt bombing them, there, they'd be bombing us, here.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Let's see - do I buy a white poppy or a red one?

i.e. do I donate and show my support for the 'Peace Pledge Union' (not a charity - they do have a charity called the Peace Research and Education Trust - but that's not where the money from white poppies goes)

or do I donate money to a charity that looks after old and injured soldiers and their families? And by wearing the poppy show respect for their losses, and their bravery, and remember the World Wars and wars since and the impact that they had on our society and the world. There's a lot more to 11/11/11 than written above, a lot more than can be captured in words alone.

We wear poppies to remember and support the fallen. I'm against war when avoidable as most people would be. But there's no damn way I'm buying a white poppy over a red one.

Comment

If someone's that bothered, I'd much rather that they wore both a red and a white poppy. I'm wearing red, and taking a red poppy wreath with me to the pole. That, and footprints, are the only things being left there by me.
              Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Working...
              X