• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Empty Barrels Make Most Noise.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Empty Barrels Make Most Noise.

Bomb Iran? U.S. Requests Bunker-Buster Bombs

Share Tucked inside the White House's $196 billion emergency funding request for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is an item that has some people wondering whether the administration is preparing for military action against Iran.

The item: $88 million to modify B-2 stealth bombers so they can carry a newly developed 30,000-pound bomb called the massive ordnance penetrator, or, in military-speak, the MOP.

Read in full...

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Story?id=3771522&page=2

Well, what do you want - use tactical nukes?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Well, what do you want - use tactical nukes?
      The USA simply doesn't have the capacity required to take on Iran. It's strong worldwide, but no power in the world can focus all its strength on one target. Think about it.

Comment

Since the end of the Cold War in 1991, the U.S. military has shifted its strategic emphasis from the prospect of fighting a nuclear war to the prospect of fighting simultaneously in two or three regional conflicts using conventional weapon
        and I believe the planning for this does not involve having to invoke a draft.

If they do begin a war with Iran it will be interesting to see what happens in China - would they make a grab for Taiwan?
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Lambros View Post
          The USA simply doesn't have the capacity required to take on Iran.
          They do - they can't invade and hold territory getting cheap oil, but they can set them back to the stone age.

Comment

i'm sick to death of bush, america, their wars, their reign of terror.. are they the new germany or something? wars every five minutes? hellbent on global domination? retarded meglomaniac leader.. propoganda machine in overdrive.. sickening hypocracy..

ARRGHH!

Comment

We are rich because they are poor.

Get over it.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Not that I'm saying I want America to invade Iran, but it strikes me that we've dropped the ball big time by going into Iraq and now we've got a truly frightning regime in touching distance of developing nuclear weapons.

Dunno about you lot but that scares the sh!te out of me.
                Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Bombing Iran may cascade into war of unforeseen consquences

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/disp...=sidebarsearch

I like what I hear from Neil Young...i hope he'll be rallying the people of Cornwall to London to help prevent the proposed aggression by Bush with poodle Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by Lambros View Post
                    I like what I hear from Neil Young...i hope he'll be rallying the people of Cornwall to London to help prevent the proposed aggression by Bush with poodle Brown.
                    How many marched before the Iraq war?
                    'Million' march against Iraq war
                    Hundreds of thousands of people have taken to the streets of London to voice their opposition to military action against Iraq.
                    Police said it was the UK's biggest ever demonstration with at least 750,000 taking part, although organisers put the figure closer to two million.
                    How much did it change things?

HTH
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X