• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone been to Vienna?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Vienna?

Planning on taking Mrs Stu to do some shopping in the Xmas markets one weekend in November.

Any advice for where to stay, what to do, what not to do etc. would be appreciated.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Planning on taking Mrs Stu to do some shopping in the Xmas markets one weekend in November.

Any advice for where to stay, what to do, what not to do etc. would be appreciated.
    Don't mention the war.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post

I would say don't go to the German christmas markets. Went to Frankfurt a couple of years ago with Mrs Gonzo because she had heard of them and wanted to go and have a look. I was not impressed.

While we were there we also went to the Cologne christmas market. It was identical to the Frankfurt one.

Some people take three, four or five day coach tours around these places. I think they are certifiable.

hth

Comment

Vienna is a wonderful city, easily my favorite European capital. The Xmas Markets are not really worth it IMHO. No better than any of the big open air tat markets you get in the UK. Save the dosh, go in the spring and enjoy the city itself.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

impress your missus by dabbing watery eyes with a big white hanky at mozart's grave!

Comment

Anyone been to Vienna?
            It means nothing to me.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
              Don't mention the war.
              don't call the austrians germans. they don't like it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                It means nothing to me.
                Don't forget your coat...
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  It means nothing to me.
                  Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh Vienna ...

Absolutely flipping travesty that this was kept off number one by Joe Git, sorry, Dolce.
                  Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
                    Absolutely flipping travesty that this was kept off number one by Joe Git, sorry, Dolce.
                    Whats a matta you eh?
                    Gotta the no respect?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                    X