• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best way to do Prince 2?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to do Prince 2?

What's the best way to do Prince 2? I've done Project Management for years, read books, even written a couple of articles myself, but have never taken any exams - shudder the thought - I just get flashbacks to school and me trying to do a Maths O'Level with 'Monkey' flicking snots across the exam hall - - where the hell he found them all from I don't know, must have been saving them up for a week - but I digress. Loads of gigs now specify Prince 2 so I probably can't avoid it any longer. I've just been looking at the ILX blended course - CD followed by a 2 day revision workshop, then the exams (foundation and practitioner) for £1k. That looks OK?
    35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
    (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

You can do the foundation course without attending any classes etc as it's pretty easy. My missues read the book over a weekend and passed the next day. The practitioner exam is a bit trickier. It is/was an open book test but you may want to attend the 2 day course before attempting the exam. I think all questions are multiple choice these days but am not 100% sure.

If you are a PCG member you get a discount if you write it through http://www.maventraining.co.uk/

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      Maths O'Level
      Why do all the thickos end up in Project management?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Says the man who is having to revise his calculus

Comment

What's the best way to do Prince 2? I've done Project Management for years, read books, even written a couple of articles myself, but have never taken any exams - shudder the thought - I just get flashbacks to school and me trying to do a Maths O'Level with 'Monkey' flicking snots across the exam hall - - where the hell he found them all from I don't know, must have been saving them up for a week - but I digress. Loads of gigs now specify Prince 2 so I probably can't avoid it any longer. I've just been looking at the ILX blended course - CD followed by a 2 day revision workshop, then the exams (foundation and practitioner) for £1k. That looks OK?
          most gig I've gone for rely more on Prince 2 experience than actual certs...
          Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Says the man who is having to revise his calculus

And your point is?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
              most gig I've gone for rely more on Prince 2 experience than actual certs...
              Possibly true but having the piece of paper helps in the instances where you are up against another candidate with similar experience imo.

Comment

And your point is?
                Stick to Analytics and avoid any form of management.

Comment

I'll have you know that I passed Maths O'Level while under heavy fire from my snot-flicking colleague - that's worth more than any normal O'Level - which makes me gifted.
                  35,000 TPD - 28/11/2007, 19:15
                  (Special Sportsmanship credit to NickFitz)

Comment

I'll have you know that I passed Maths O'Level while under heavy fire from my snot-flicking colleague - that's worth more than any normal O'Level - which makes me gifted.

Nice come back...
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X