• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7063134.stm

England is heading for a housing crisis despite the government's pledge to build an extra three million homes by 2020, according to a report.
    The independent body set up to advise ministers on new homes said 270,000 more were needed each year.

The National Housing and Planning Advice Unit said average prices in England were more than seven times average salaries.

And it said they were set to reach nine-and-a-half times this by 2026.

Supply and demand. Massive increasing demand. No supply.

Which way will the prices go Baggy?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Which way will the prices go Baggy?

Don't disturb him. He's about to spend £35K on a car to boost his fragile ego
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Don't disturb him. He's about to spend £35K on a car to boost his fragile ego

Comment

Someone has got to do something about this, and soon.

The FSA are having kittens about the levels of affordability at the moment (I'm already having to work on a new model) and if iLIM (indicated loan income multiples) are going to get to 9.5 then government, regulators and consumers will become apoplectic.
        Have patience. In time, even grass becomes milk.

Comment

nope, they'll be in the poo

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            The National Housing and Planning Advice Unit said average prices in England were more than seven times average salaries.

And it said they were set to reach nine-and-a-half times this by 2026.
            So 66.5 times average salary then?

Nothing to worry about; all the immigrants pushing up the demand can easily afford that.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by chasingtheaurora View Post
              Someone has got to do something about this, and soon.

The FSA are having kittens about the levels of affordability at the moment (I'm already having to work on a new model) and if iLIM (indicated loan income multiples) are going to get to 9.5 then government, regulators and consumers will become apoplectic.
              A recession will sort it out, painfully but it'll sort it. It's only that we've avoided one for so long that the multiples keep on growing.

Comment

I wish we could all look 20 years into the future with concrete certainty. But tell me Dim, being one of these soothsayers, who wins the Grand National next year?
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  I wish we could all look 20 years into the future with concrete certainty. But tell me Dim, being one of these soothsayers, who wins the Grand National next year?
                  A rank outsider horse named Buy-To-Let comes in at 500-1. Fancy a punt?

Comment

Working...
                  X