• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virgin trains 1st class snack box

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virgin trains 1st class snack box

what's actually in them?

am getting the train from reading - manchester this evening and dismayed to find out there's no food served like you get on the euston - manchester train...

instead you get a "snack box".. so what's in them then?
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Doesn't it vary depending on the time of the month?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

yuck! Dirty gits.

Comment

no idea, but to be more specific, today then.. what am i likely to get at this time of the month?

Comment

Well, there are 2.

The normal one has a tiny roll with a horrible plain filling.
          A tiny bag of cheese and chive pretzals.
          A mini kit kat.
          A mini chocolate crunchy thing (very nice!)
          Possibly a bag of fruit (but i migth be gettign that confused with the breakfast ones)

But...there are also the highly sort after "girlie pajama party" ones, which contain: -

Tiny Kit Kat.
          Mini Chocolate Crunch thing.
          Fruit cake.
          bag of dried fruit.
          orange juice.

--- why anyone would want that much sweet stuff in one pack is beyond me!

I tend to take the filling out of my roll, hoy my pretzals in it (on the sly of course) and bobs your uncle.
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
            what's actually in them?

am getting the train from reading - manchester this evening and dismayed to find out there's no food served like you get on the euston - manchester train...

instead you get a "snack box".. so what's in them then?
            Snuff.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
              no idea, but to be more specific, today then.. what am i likely to get at this time of the month?
              I don't know if a Friday evening is a weekday or a weekend in Virgin world, that's what makes the difference.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

ahh getcha, thanks SA and threaded, very helpful

M&S it is then

Comment

Aren't virgin doing the 1st class for the price of second at the moment. Can't really say the quality of first class is that much better than second, apart from the lack of screaming kids
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

"A mini kit kat."
                    you mean something even smaller than a normal kit kat? Do they give you a pair of sodding tweezers to pick it up with?

Comment

Working...
                    X