• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any one fancy this contract...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one fancy this contract...

http://www.jobserve.com/W5B1E615C21D83522.job

I'm not sure I could handle the editing of config.sys and autoexec.bat, and as for debugging Q-Basic.......

"The main role will be to bug fix the q-basic and DOS programming as this was written by the current Director to a very low standard."

I wonder if they're quoting said Director, or if one of his/her minions is about to start looking for a job

Comment

Looks more likely that the Director will be looking for a new job soon
      Last edited by wxman; 26 October 2007, 17:41.
      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by bellymonster View Post
        http://www.jobserve.com/W5B1E615C21D83522.job

I'm not sure I could handle the editing of config.sys and autoexec.bat, and as for debugging Q-Basic.......

I would do it, just not prepared to more than halve my rate.

Comment

I wonder if the start date is meant to be 19/11/1997?
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
            I wonder if the start date is meant to be 19/11/1997?
            Just the mindset
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
              Just the mindset
              good one!
              Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

autoexec.bat & config.sys no problem ... can't recall doing anything with IO.sys though
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

What? I have just cleared out a load of old technical books including two or three on DOS and one on Q Basic. Don't say they're coming back into fashion now?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

To sell the role even more, it is located in that most vibrant and happening county - Suffolk.
                    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                    X