• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Damned Blue Screen of Death!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damned Blue Screen of Death!!!

http://software.silicon.com/os/0,390...9168967,00.htm

Following its release on Friday, Mac OS X Leopard users have been encountering the dreaded "blue screen" error when trying to install the operating system.

Some Mac users upgrading to Mac OS X Leopard over the weekend have reported their systems becoming frozen on a blue screen while trying to reboot after the initial installation of the software and losing data, such as photos, stored on the machines as a result.

I blame Bill Gates and M$

Strangely I don't think I've seen the blue screen of death in Windoze since I've been using XP.

Comment

yup, but I see other things like my wireless connection dropping - requireing a reboot. IE crashing and requireing a reboot. My mouse jumping all over the screen randomly. My PC refusing to shut-down requiring me to pull the plug.

However, given that the MAC hardware is so tightly controlled - could it be they didn't actually try an upgrade and just pitched it over the wall hopeing for the best? Their testing would be as good as Microsoft's if that's the case.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Last saw it on Friday when I was running some IBM software.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Reports also coming in that Java 1.6 wont run on it and that the beta for 1.6 on Tiger has been withdrawn. A lot of unhappy Java Devs out there atm.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I upgraded on Friday and it's all cool, partitioned the HD equally between Vista and Leopard and everything works nice.

I always go for clean installs never upgrade the OS.

Comment

Working...
            X