• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

cheap foreign currency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap foreign currency

Hi all,
    Going over to Switzerland for a weekend, any recommendations on where to exchange currency?
    cut me - ill bleed rosso red

M & S are usually better than the highstreet banks IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      M & S are usually better than the highstreet banks IMO
      Seconded. They are normally among the most competitive.

Comment

their websh*te was down wen i tried, have to try them again

Comment

Use M&S but go in with cash, don't pay by card as most banks charge you a cash advance fee for currency (even on debit cards).
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I use City Forex http://www.cityforex.co.uk/

They have always been spot on for me, plus they will deliver if you are in London
            "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

any suggestiond of things to do in Zurich?

or is that swiss tony the dodgy car salesman?

Comment

Things to do/see in Zürich - it depends on what you enjoy. Btw, credit cards are not as universally accepted as they are in the UK. If you've any Euros, you can spend those in most places - not at the best exchange rate of course!
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Have a comb through the t's and c's of your bank accounts and see if you've got a special offer you didn't know about.

Comment

I usually pay with gold bars - works like a charm with the Swiss.

threaded.

Comment

Working...
                    X