PDA

View Full Version : in demand certs

adulion
29th October 2007, 15:35
whats the most in demand certifications? itjobswatch is to general to form any opinion

sun certs seem very popular at the min but not many job desc list them,

im starting out and want to get skilled

SallyAnne
29th October 2007, 15:39
whats the most in demand certifications? itjobswatch is to general to form any opinion

sun certs seem very popular at the min but not many job desc list them,

im starting out and want to get skilled

Good for you adulion.

However, you might want to say please when asking for help.

:rolleyes:

RightLaugh
29th October 2007, 15:40
just starting out?
My advice = do something else.
13 yrs looking at a screen. Wish I never followed this path.

adulion
29th October 2007, 15:44
im 21.. failed the scjp exam once before.. doing it again next thursday... will pass it this time. then the scwcd... then probably the oracle sql/pl ones

i just wanna know if im on the right track... please

Sockpuppet
29th October 2007, 18:54
i just wanna know if im on the right track..

Not if you want to become a plumber you aren't.

What do you want to do?

NotAllThere
29th October 2007, 18:58
My guess would be to make money with as little effort as possible. Like most of us.

SueEllen
29th October 2007, 19:00
My guess would be to make money with as little effort as possible. Like most of us.

Then why is s/he getting certified? I don't have any certs in stuff I actually do I just have experience.

KentPhilip
29th October 2007, 19:00
then the scwcd...

Don't you me the "imscrewed" exam?

...You will be if you go into the IT industry

(A JOKE don't all bark at once)

Troll
29th October 2007, 20:43
im 21.. failed the scjp exam once before.. doing it again next thursday... will pass it this time. then the scwcd... then probably the oracle sql/pl ones

i just wanna know if im on the right track... pleaseHow did you do in English O level?

barry_abs
29th October 2007, 21:05
i want a cert in "not lovin' hoes".. snoop dogg made a career out of it!

Francko
29th October 2007, 21:11

i just wanna know if im on the right track... please

No, you are not. You are just accumulating a lot of theoretical knowledge which you will forget at the end of the month. Get knowledge of something (which might start with a cert) and start digging on it doing some proper work (even if not commercial). Scratching the surface of everything will not impress anyone.

barry_abs
29th October 2007, 21:14
troll - that was funny! dunno why it got deleted..

adulion
30th October 2007, 13:30
well i flunked out of a degree course when i was 19 and have been working a minimum wage job for the past 2 years. I dont want to go back to do a degree but want to get my foot in the door of the IT industry. Its better than working for £5.55 an hour no matter what you guys think.

i was told if i fail the scjp, go down the mcse networking and admin route. i do prefer programming though.

i never done o level english, i failed gcse english first time round but passed with a "c" second time