• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim Minister Stopped And Searched

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muslim Minister Stopped And Searched

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...290547,00.html

Britain's first Muslim minister has been stopped and searched at a US airport - after attending a series of meetings on tackling terrorism.

US "does not inspire confidence"International Development Minister Shahid Malik, the MP for Dewsbury, said he was annoyed at being singled out, especially as the same thing happened to him in the US last year.

Mr Malik - and two other Muslim passengers - were taken aside at Dulles Airport in Washington DC.

His hand luggage was analysed for traces of explosive materials.

He was searched and detained by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - the same department whose representatives he had been meeting during his visit.

Mr Malik said: "After a few minutes a couple of other people were also taken to one side. We were all Muslims - the other two were black Muslims, both with Muslim names."

Were the US authorities right to do this? Discuss, abuse Lucifer Box etc.

When we flew into the US this year, my 7 year old daughter's bag was swabbed for traces of explosives. The only reason this guy is moaning about it is because he's a muslim.

It happens to muslims, it happens to non-muslims. It's standard practise.

Get over it!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...290547,00.html

Britain's first Muslim minister has been stopped and searched at a US airport - after attending a series of meetings on tackling terrorism.

US "does not inspire confidence"International Development Minister Shahid Malik, the MP for Dewsbury, said he was annoyed at being singled out, especially as the same thing happened to him in the US last year.

Mr Malik - and two other Muslim passengers - were taken aside at Dulles Airport in Washington DC.

His hand luggage was analysed for traces of explosive materials.

He was searched and detained by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) - the same department whose representatives he had been meeting during his visit.

Mr Malik said: "After a few minutes a couple of other people were also taken to one side. We were all Muslims - the other two were black Muslims, both with Muslim names."

Were the US authorities right to do this? Discuss, abuse Lucifer Box etc.

Just because he is a minister does not mean that he is above suspicion. In fact they should search govt ministers more thoroughly than anyone.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

For the attention of Sandy AKA "Shameless Liar" - it was not me who posted on this topic and it was not me who detained the minister.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          For the attention of Sandy AKA "Shameless Liar" - it was not me who posted on this topic and it was not me who detained the minister.

HTH
          Get over it.

HTH

Comment

I am DimPrawn and I claim 5 fake nickels...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Get over it.

HTH

Well said DP..

btw: when I went to NYC no one searched me and people were very nice in the airport, the lady inspecting my passport was even joking with me.

Believe what you want but yeh I do believe the guy was singled out.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                people were very nice in the airport, the lady inspecting my passport was even joking with me.
                They should have read the other thread which totally exposed you as a liar.

Comment

Of course he was singled out. It's the security officers' job to single people out. They go on a special singling-out course so that they can do it. If they stop singling people out I want to know why, because then they'd have to check everybody which would take yonks, or let some bombs through.

I always get searched for drugs because I look like an amateur weed smuggler, but I just say fair enough and add 10 minutes onto my check-in time.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    They should have read the other thread which totally exposed you as a liar.
                    Which thread?

Comment

Working...
                    X