• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG or Shout99

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCG or Shout99

I know both these companies fofer a similar service but I am torn as to which one to use. I'm in the need for draft contracts and IR35 guidance always comes in handy.

But who should I use?!!

I've read quite a few posts and done a bit of searching but couldn't find anyone who has asked for a comparison, so thoguht I would ask the question!?

Thanks,
    Beeker.

Originally posted by beeker View Post
    I know both these companies fofer a similar service but I am torn as to which one to use. I'm in the need for draft contracts and IR35 guidance always comes in handy.

But who should I use?!!

I've read quite a few posts and done a bit of searching but couldn't find anyone who has asked for a comparison, so thoguht I would ask the question!?

Thanks,
    Beeker.
    In case this is a wind up..you got me.

Otherwise, shout99 is an information portal of sorts...a few new articles and affiliated accountants etc. Much like this site ..I guess.

PCG is a contractor resource with tax investigation insurance, contracting guides, which enjoys taking HMRC to task when they start pushing their version of the law.

Comment

But who should I use?!!

Thanks,
      Beeker.
      One talks about things that have happened, the other makes things happen. One is free and one costs at least £120 a year. Both are worth exactly what you pay for them.

I'll let you work out which is which
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

PCG forums work faster than Shout99. I've given up on the latter, except when I want an update on how the "local people" are doing.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

MY apologies, I dont think my posting was very clear - The Fo35 system, as opposed to using the PCG "purchased" resources. I think they amount to the same kind of thing however my accountant mentioned shout99 and this forum mentions PCG a lot more. I know FO35 is in conjunction with Qdos and I have insurances through them.

in summary, is FO35 from Qdos consulting (found through the shout99 shop)FO35

better than PCG membership PCG

Comment

I dont think my posting was very clear
            No sh*t sherlock.

Comment

The options through Shout99/Qdos does look to be a more concise package. Anyone got any thoughts??

Qdos- FO35 or PCG standard membership?!

Comment

No sh*t sherlock.
                Lol.

Comment

The options through Shout99/Qdos does look to be a more concise package. Anyone got any thoughts??

Qdos- FO35 or PCG standard membership?!

No competition. PCG every time. Your basic membership gains around £750 of additional benefit.

However, you must first be sure you are comparing like-for-like. As I said earlier, PCG is not a commercial business...
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                  X