• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nlp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nlp

or Neuro Linguistic Programming

Anyone any experience of this?

Solid science or jiggery pokery?

Curious as read an article about Paul McKenna the other day and it's basically what he has moved into - no more 'look into my eyes...'.

NLP is more common sense than anything. Repeating key words often so they register with the other person and "push" them in a certain direction etc. etc.
    Bit of a mixture of jiggery pokery and science. Worth reading a book on, but not much more that.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Kind sirs,

I have much experience of Neuro Linguisitic Programming, much cheapness, plenty quickness, all versions.

Yours,

Bob Shawadiwadi

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        NLP is more common sense than anything. Repeating key words often so they register with the other person and "push" them in a certain direction etc. etc.
        Bit of a mixture of jiggery pokery and science. Worth reading a book on, but not much more that.
        Any recommendations?

Comment

Repeating key words often so they register with the other person and "push" them in a certain direction etc. etc.
          So who was the mystery prankster that bombarded you with "Dull", "Cretin", and "Sad" then?
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Any recommendations?
            The one I have is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introducing-...3832005&sr=8-1
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is this the stuff Derren Brown does?

That's very clever.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Ta.

Read the reviews and one of them states:

"This book offers also different exercises (which are not recommended to do without supervision since they are very powerful and effective and could do harm if not used properly!)"

Is that true?

Comment

There's even one for bag-o-pus

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neuro-lingui...3832005&sr=8-1

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Ta.

Read the reviews and one of them states:

"This book offers also different exercises (which are not recommended to do without supervision since they are very powerful and effective and could do harm if not used properly!)"

Is that true?
                    Nah, it's bollocks. NLP is vastly over-rated. To answer another posters question Darren Brown uses more conjuring and "magic" skills than NLP, I suspect.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X