• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poor old Jim...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor old Jim...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...atner_shocker/

What a load of old Shatners....
    Last edited by zeitghost; 31 October 2007, 12:39.

I always thought it would be great if Bill Shatner married the sit com character Hyancith Bucket...

What a great mental picture that paints as he'd then be Willian Shatner-Bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      What a come down... not even getting the chance to throw a polystyrene rock...
      Or get his end away with this weeks green skinned alien creature. Oops.
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        Humph... won't be the same without me there will it?
        I belive this is the level that you are accustomed to
        ...cept the redshirt bit obviously!
        A redshirt is a stock character, used frequently in science fiction but also in other genres, whose purpose is to die soon after being introduced, thus indicating the dangerous circumstances faced by the main characters.

Comment

The geeks seem to be getting a little uptight about it all though... reading the comments.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10...ments/#c_85935
          My fans,my public dahrling... they all love me

Comment

Just so long as he molests the Orion Slave Girls & not me, I'm not too worried...
            JT straight as a die, no pillow munchers, aliens (except femal humanoid types) or reptiles ... this isn't V you know!

Comment

Despite limitations in make-up technology which made it obvious the Gorn Captain in "Arena" was simply an actor (Bobby Clark was the actual actor in the suit) in a lizard suit ,the Gorn has nonetheless become one of the most popular aliens to ever appear on Star Trek
              eh ? not in my book
              due to the striking design of Wah Chang and the Gorn's memorable personality
              wtf??:
              a hissing, slow-moving beast, the Gorn is nonetheless quite devious, chuckling wickedly to himself as he sets a trap for Kirk and promising that if the captain gives himself up, the Gorn will make his death "merciful and quick."

Comment

Originally posted by James Tiberius Kirk View Post
                He lamented: "Having been in on the creation of it, I was hoping to be in on the recreation."
                That's wrong for a start. As we all know, the original commander of the Enterprise was Captain Christopher Pike in The Cage, whose adventures were reduced to the two-part clip show The Menagerie due to the evil (and almost certainly Masonic) machinations of the War Criminal Kirk.

Comment

Though Spock did seem a little overwrought during that episode...
                  Yes, it's pretty obvious that all the coldly logical stuff he kept going on about later was some kind of defence mechanism... probably the only way he could cope with the trauma of being bossed about by a war criminal

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    I always thought it would be great if Bill Shatner married the sit com character Hyancith Bucket...

What a great mental picture that paints as he'd then be Willian Shatner-Bucket.
                    But he wouldn't.

He'd be William Bucket-Shatner.

Comedy falls flat in the face of pedantry.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X